Elidia Gonella Martos
Answer one question or many - using words, photos or other media.
Please post your favorite memories of Elidia / Grandma / Mom here. Try to keep these short and use the other section, Life Story, for longer narratives.
1) Spending time on the phone with her every night for her last two years - I already miss the calls :( .
2) Playing dice and cards with her. She always had the most incredible luck!
3) Helping her make pan de anice.
4) White Christmas in Big Bear with mom and family.
5) Going camping with mom and dad in their motor home.
- Reply (1)
What did Elidia love?
When we moved to the states, she soon took "Musica Americana"...I remember watching Lawrence Whelk with Mom, Dad, and Grandma Dolores...I also remember one of our first family purchases was a television console that had a disc player and one of the few indulgences my mom and dad had was purchasing records.. Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass, Christmas Albums, and Argentine Music.... When we grew older we started to introduce them to different music genres and I will always remember the day I walked in the kitchen in La Mirada to hear my mom singing "Toot Toot Toot Looking out my back door"... Que dice esa cancion Eduardo?..(What is that song saying Eduardo?... I felt proud that my mom had finally found a song of "mine" worth her singing!